WHY IS HEALTH PROMOTION IMPORTANT FOR A-FID: AND WHAT IS HEALTH PROMOTION?
Every day we brose the internet to search for a new ranking for the fittest communes, healthy food, best places to live, healthiest cities in the world, and the like. Often these studies establish the possibility to build healthy communities despite social, economic, political or environmental challenges.
At A-fID we see health promotion as a process that enables people to take control over, and to improve, their health. Health promotion surpasses individual behaviour – it guarantees a social, physical and policy environment that promotes good health.
The A-fID health promotion effort is a way to achieve healthy behaviour at community levels. It concentrates on building healthy surroundings—schools, workplaces, homes, and public places. The A-fID Health Promotion is a systemic process to guarantee settings for healthy outcomes that can be integrated into local governance.
OUR APPROACH IS PARTICIPATORY
You don’t have to be part of the A-fID dynamic team to help jolt your community toward better and improved health. Our effort is strengthened when more peoples participate – and when we support businesses that make our communities healthier. In this effort A-fID seeks:
· To help improve the impact of national or local health campaigns
· To help farmers markets offer fresh produce from local growers. This provides communities with healthy foods to eat, and economically supports local suppliers.
· To Encourage local businesses to partner with our health initiatives and to encourage workers to lead healthier lifestyles.
· To Lobby national companies to support community-based health and fitness programs as a way of strengthening local ties.
· To encourage community leaders to create a built environment that is favourable to healthy lifestyles: for example
o Lobby local councils into developing sidewalks, greenways, bike lanes etc.
· Support the development of small parks where they are most needed.
· Appeal for school facilities to be available after-hours for community recreation
· Promote WASH in schools and communities.
Creating healthier communities requires getting people most affected involve in the process. By A-fID making participation simpler, easier and more important during the entire process, our program can guarantee the involvement of the people critical to the success of our effort.
Gauging community needs and resources is essential to building a healthier environment or community. The A-fID situation assessment helps inform unit planning and tailored follow up action.
Failing to plan is planning to fail. This involves developing a shared vision, mission, and objectives with stakeholders for the strides. It also involves developing an action plan for tasks to implement planned activities to achieve quantifiable intended outcomes.
Taking action is vital to assuring everyone health is cared for. Advocating for or implementing programs and policies that address priority issues is dependent on the set of action deployed.
Appraising progress is essential for accountability and for modifications as we progress. Appraising our efforts involve scrutinising actions and events, evaluating the impact and accomplishment, and using the information to tailor our approach.
Talking about accomplishments and lessons learned can help recognise and bolster the people doing the work. Talking about successes and commending people can help continue the work in making communities of become healthier places to work and live.
Corona virus (COVID-19) is real.
1. Make sure you frequently wash you hands
2. Avoid touching your nose, eye or mouth
3. Keep a safe distance from people
4. Only go outside if it is absolutely necessary